Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Back home in AS for the new year

I celebrated the New Year back in my hometown at Alor Setar this year. The reason is because I had to send my parents back after their 2 month trip to the US visiting my brother's family.
See how elated my parents were when they just got out from the departure gate at Bayan Lepas airport! I missed them loads too! :)

Since my parents were there for two months, hubby decided to order a Google Nexus 7 for my 2013 birthday present. Weee!! I have a new gadget!! Love you dear! :)

Dad bought my favourite fried noodle and fried yingyong (fried flat noodle). Yummms!

As I have nothing better to do at home, just for fun, I snapped some of my childhood memorabilia. On this vest are my huge collection of pins and badges which I had accumulated over the years, mostly from my Interact club days back in high school.

On my bookshelf, here' my childhood softoys collection. Some has been with me for over 20 years!

Some novels and old pictures

Some reference books from my university days and also some souvenirs I bought from my travels.

Lastly, before I returned to Penang today, my favourite thing to do is to "harvest" some of the vegetables from my parent's herb garden. As shown on the picture above, there were some pandan leaves, basil leaves, lemongrass, limes,fiery cili padi and kafir leaves. Soo aromatic, so fresh!! mmmm....time to do some cooking again :)

Have a great new year!!

No comments: