Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Curry puffs- my first attempt

My mentor actually decided to throw a "surprise" birthday party for me at work tomorrow. But guess what? Instead of a "surprise", he had accidentally sent me the birthday invitation instead last Friday! lol!

But it was all good as I have already decided to bring some food to office tomorrow too. As my marble cake failed, I decided to make some curry puffs instead. Curry puffs should be a good introduction to my Hungarian colleagues as it is a popular Malaysian snack.

It took me  a total 6 hours to make these curry puffs! Boy, it sure is alot of work but definitely worth it when we eat them! :P

 Started with the dough. I kneaded the dough and rest it in the fridge for half and hour before I started. I've been told that the dough must always be in cool temperature!

 I cooked the fillings the day before. It was potato curry with minced meat.

 Next, flatten the dough. As I did not have a rolling pin, I used a flask instead! lol!
Well, as long as it did the job well!

Next, make the circles. I used a glass mug.

Here's a view of my "workstation"..basically this is on my dining table! :P

Put in the fillings into the dough, seal the sides and roll up the sides, voila, here's my uncooked curry puffs!

Deep fry them...and absorb the oil with napkins and left them to cool.

After the puffs cooled down, I packed them into tupperwares and they were ready to go! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job !!! When can I taste the karipap ya :)

ellwye said...

Thanks dear! When I make it again but in Malaysia, of course I'll count you in!! Quick! Get an oven too!! :P

Pui Sum said...

wah.. so geng.. next time make for us too :)