Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Happy Birthday 2012

Happy Birthday to myself!! hehe...

This morning, I got a lovely surprise when I woke up. As I looked out to my balcony, all I see was white!! It was snowing!!! It sure make my day! Only yesterday, we were complaining that the temperature here is too "hot" for winter...temperature was around 3 degrees celcius the day before yesterday..and having experienced below freezing temperature for the past months, yes, this temperature is considered warm for us now! lol!


The snow!!

How I wish this would stay so that I could build my snowman!! :)


Gosh...one year older again...this year, it's my first birthday after my marriage. Also, it's the first time I'm celebrating it here in Hungary away from hubby. How I missed him! :(
Counting down of the days I'm heading home which is another 3 months away!!

I decided to bake a marble cake yesterday inconjunction with my birthday but unfortunately my mission failed!! :(...I must have put too much chocolate and the cake ended up too crumbly and became like brownies instead!

Out from the oven, and the chocolate bits were burnt! :(

Since it's crumbly, it broke into two :(..

Oh well, I'll try again next time....

I was lucky as my colleague decided to cook for me and the best part is they baked me a marble cake too! Great!! :)

Check out the marble cake baked by my friend, SP.

All the mouth-watering dishes!!
Clockwise from top right: Vegetarian tomyam soup, marble cake, belachan chicken wings, fried turnip cake and lastly steamed fungus chicken.

Here's the dish I contributed. 
My mom's specialty: steamed fungus chicken with fermented bean+vinegar.
Yummy!

Thanks to all of them! Great people!
And I know I will miss this experience when I go home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaya,sure you will miss this experience. Enjoy it ya :)

ellwye said...

Thanks!! Missing you dear!