Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

CNY 2013 - outdated post

I was really privileged to be able to celebrate the CNY back at my hometown this year while hubby returned to his hometown. As usual, I just love to snap snap snap all the traditions that has been practiced in my family for generations. My grandma would shake her head whenever she sees me holding my camera! LOL! Well, I am just worried that this tradition may have been forgotten especially in our generation, hence if I have some visual proof here, I could at least emulate some of these traditions in future. 

Basically, Chinese New Year is all about food and family gatherings. In some families, the get-togethers also included "gamblings" while the younger kids would play fireworks together! I do miss all these activities as a kid and I would be so excited donning on my new attire on CNY too!  Now that I am older, CNY brought a different kind of feeling. To me, to be able to be at home with my family has already bring me great joy! As I was away at Hungary last year, to be able to celebrate CNY this year indeed make me very happy! I was home for a week and to be able to immerse myself in all those "festivity" feeling, hearing those loud firecrackers, loud CNY dong dong chiang music and watching all those funny CNY movies which I use to hate alot but strangely, I actually love em' all now! So here's some pictures that I would like to share. 

Since I was back two days before the CNY begins, I helped to decorate my parent's home with some angpows and little decorative items I bought from the Campbell Street Market. Decorating the house prior to CNY has always being my responsibility but since I was always away or are only back a day before the reunion dinner for the past few years, I was actually excited to have the chance to decorate the house this year! :P

Reunion Lunch: The simple reunion lunch for the four of us. My parents, my grandma and myself. This year, my sister will only be coming back home on the 2nd day of CNY.

Midnight prayer to welcome the CNY

My favourite CNY Day #1 dish and also my all-time favourite food!!. My mom's super duper delicious mix vegetables dish!!Mmmmmmm!!!
CNY Day#1 Dinner: Went to my uncle's house for lou sang and steamboat dinner! Mmmmmm...!!


My grandma showing me the blouse which I bought for her. Nice or not? hehe..

CNY Day#2 : My cheeky 4.5 year old nephew! :)

CNY Day#2: My lil' niece, Jean at 14 months!! She can waddle (very cute) and has mastered quite a few words!! She loves to dance and guess what's her favourite song? 
Oppa Gangnam style!!:)

My techie gradma chatting with her great grandson Jacob all-the-way in US!! :)




No comments: