Pages

Sunday 1 February 2009

Kong Hei Fatt Choy!

Happy Chinese "Niu" Year!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple CNY decoration at home this year, yes,lazy me ..hehehe..

At the time I am writing this, it is already the 8th day of Chinese New Year!!!! Gosh! How time flies!!

Every year, I'll actually help my mom and sis to bake our signature CNY cookies, butter cookies or pineapple jam tart. However now that my sis is already married with a baby in tow she will not be home until the 5th day of CNY. As for me, due to work commitments, I can only get home a day before the reunion dinner. So no CNY cookies this year :(..

The very thing that I absolutely look forward to each year is the sumptious "chai" or vegetarian dish that my mom cooked! It tasted heavenly I tell you although the dish consisted of mostly vegetarian varieties in the likes of mushrooms,black fungus, "Fatt" choy, cabbage and etc.


Too bad I don't have any picture to show, hate my camera batteries, its deader than ever :(.

At work, before I went home for the CNY holidays, a few of my colleagues and I went to Double Good Restaurant at Bukit Jambul for a chinese new year feast. We even had the chance to toss "abalone yee sang"! Yummy! In view of the current economic situation, hopefully, what we wished for would come true!! Also, thanks to our "American" colleague, CW for giving us a treat on that expensive luncheon!

Abalone yee sang


Back home, it is good to be able to see all my childhood friends and not to mention my adorable nephew!!! How I missed him!! :)

Kong Hei..Kong Hei... :)

Mischievous lil' E Shane. *heart melt*



I'll be off until the 9th day of CNY after the "Thni Kong" a.ka. Jade Emperor's Birthday celebration. After that, things will be back to normal mundane working life..Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

.....Now that I have another two days of honeymoon period, I better cherish it!!


Alrity, Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah still on holiday! ***envious***
Enjoy ur honeymoon at home! Sigh... stucked at work now.. i wish the holidays could be longer.