Pages

Saturday 14 February 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year's Valentine's Day seemed to be the most memorable one for me. I guess it's because BS and I did actually do something together this year on this special day, well, almost as we had a simple Valentine's dinner on the eve. I tried to reminisce my previous Valentine's celebration but somehow I couldn't think of any! Hahaha!

Over the past four years we've been together, both of us were so overwhelmed with our work that we tend not to celebrate anything about "Us" on the exact date! Valentine's day celebration were usually postphoned or celebrated earlier, the same goes for our Birthdays. In fact, we have not even celebrated our Anniversary before! As for gifts, yes, we do give each other gifts but again, that was usually some practical gifts rather than those "cutesy hearty stuffs like soft toys or flowers!".

Ok, I am not trying to complain about how unromantic BS is but I got to admit it myself that I am not a fan of having a big bouquet of flowers with 99 roses signifying his love to me etc etc...

I am a practical person myself and yes, I have received flowers from him before and I felt that once is enough. To me, flowers will wither and die, and I always wonder what was so special about flowers to girls in particular. To me, that was just a plant's reproductive system! No offence to those who loves flowers though. Personally, I would rather receive something more of practical use like kitchen utensils or even home improvement tools!. This year, as if it was fated, my poor handphone met with an "accident". More stories on that at my previous post. As I was mourning for the loss of my poor handphone, BS has agreed to get me a new handphone. So that's officially my Valentine's gift! Thanks hunny !!! :)

As for dinner, we went to a Vietnamnese restaurant at E-gate called Ms.Saigon.

I have been craving for Vietnamnese restaurant for sometime already and I'm really glad to have found one that's not too far away from where we were staying. BS just hates driving to town!

I ordered a weird sounding name dish which I can't even remember. The dish consists of brown rice with 3 sticks of kebab-like seaweed rolls with chicken and crab meat as fillings. The dish was not bad and has a distinct flavor. BS on the other hand ordered limegrass chicken rice set. The dish was a bit dry without much gravy but the chicken was tender and just nice when eaten.
Our favourite dish were the Vietnamnese special spring rolls! It was too yummy!
I'll let the pictures do the talking!


The dish I ordered

Limegrass Chicken Dish

Vietnamnese Spring Roll


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! :)

No comments: