Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

My First Weekend!

Yeah! I've survived through the first weekend! :p
Before I came, I did not set much expectations for this country as I've been told that language will be a main barrier since not many people speak English! Also, there's nothing much to do in Debrecen, and I've already prepared for the worse..

Anyway, it's quite a surprise that there's still quite some festivals that's being held here. Not to mention, people are a very warm and friendly in general and they do try to converse in English whenever we ask for help. Well, at least they tried! It's my responsibility to pick up some basic Hungarian phrases too. Boy, this is definitely not an easy language to master for sure.

Anyway, back to the festival, thanks to the big university (Debrecen University), they organize the Campus festival every year during the summer. And one of the higlights is none other than the Music Festival! I'm so glad that we're just in time to check this annual event!

I'll let the pictures do the talking now.



Bought the tickets! It costs 4900 HUF! (approx RM80)



Posing in front of the entrance. Btw, it's held at a sports center open field.


They served some free drinks too! Btw, Hungarian ladies are really pretty! :P


They set up a hot air baloon too!!


A makeshift outdoor concert platform! They really do have some good performing acts around Europe!

No comments: