Pages

Monday 21 September 2009

Cholestrol level out of spec

On our annual medical checkup, I was shocked to find that my cholestrol level has gone up yet again to 5.7. As for BS,' his was even worse at 6.6! The limit is only 5.2! Both of our LDL levels are too high as well, way off the limit..gosh, what went wrong?


Alarm! Alarm! Time to do something....


One of the lifestyle changes for myself is to try to cook and eat at home more rather than eating out all the time. Perhaps the food outside is too oily..I'm not sure, but nothing beats a home cooked meal right? So for now, I'll try to learn as many simple dish as possible so that I could be home after work and whip out some edible meals! Tiring yes, but for health sake, some sacrifice would have to be made. Also more exercise!! I have not give up my yoga session, but apart from that, I should hit the gym perhaps? My yoga instructor has just opened a yoga and dance center nearby to where I stayed and I am really tempted to sign up for the Belly dancing class. It should be able to help to tone up my abs! :P

Anyway, just some sharing here on my home cooked meals.

Here's just one of the many dishes I cooked for the past few weeks, very healthy one indeed.




On the left was steamed lettuce with oyster sauce and on the right was steamed fish with sour plum sauce(the fish was all covered up by the gaarnishing of spring onions and tomatoes). Looked delicious eh? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

take care, I hit 6.3 :).