Pages

Monday 21 September 2009

Hiking up to Pantai Kerachut-Alas!!!!!!!-- Outdated Post

I have always wanted to hike up to Pantai Kerachut. However most of the time, my friends would organize it early in the morning on a weekend! A real pig myself, I know it will be hard for me to wake up early in the morning (about 6am to 7am) thus I've got to give this opportunity a miss. Yes, I'm a sleeping beauty, somehow, forgoing my beaty sleep on a weekend is something I could not let go! :(.


This time however, Ivan invited me for a hike at 10am .Fantastic. That's just my time! Seriously, we don't really have to get up too early for the hike since the trail was basically shaded all the way by the canopies!


Be forewarned, loads of pictures ahead!


At the starting point, before the hike started ..


Myself posing at the jetty ..



On the way up with KH ..

Midway through the hike, according to KH and Ivan, this is a good spot to take a picture. Unfortunately, the photographer have lousy skills, thus this is how the photo turned out to be :(. Sorry guys!

We arrived at Pantai Kerachut. Here's a bridge linking the hill to the beach.

Pantai Kerachut..Serene beach.

After we got here, we had our packed lunch we bought from Kayu. Somehow, after a tiring hike, the Nasi Kandar tasted heavenly! After our lunch, we moved on to check on the Turtle Sanctuary.

Turtle Crossing...beware beware..

Cute litte turtle dudes...


After the turtle watching, KH and Ivan has got nothing better to do, so they try to climb a tree instead! :P

After taking a short stroll along the beach, it was time to go home. Going back, we decided to go by boat.

TY and myself enjoying the seabreeze. Look how green the sea was.

Enjoying the boat ride!

Although the waters looked green, but it was infested with jelly fish!!
Loads of 'em!!!

The boatmen caught one to show us! According to him, jelly fish love places with clear waters but filled with rubbish. Yes, I guess Penang waters fit the bill, thus they're thriving here!

After we arrived back at the jetty, we head on to Penang Road to sample the famous chendol, rojak, u name it...

As for myself, how can I missed my favourite laksa! Yummy!


No comments: