Pages

Monday 21 September 2009

UTP trip - Outdated post

Wow, i almost missed my deadline for this month blogging! I have tonnes to write and tonnes to share that I don't know where to start. Ok one by one...I'll start with my post about my alma matter, UTP first.

During my visit to Ipoh early July this year for a friend's wedding, the morning church reception was held at Batu Gajah, Perak. That was like half an hour drive to my x-university, UTP at Tronoh. As BS has never been to my university and it has been more that 5 years since I last step foot to my uni, I thought why not just pay a visit to the place.
After the church reception, we had a couple of hours to kill before the night reception at Ipoh town. So off we went towards Tronoh where UTP is located. Armed with our trusty borrowed GPS, we could reach UTP without getting lost...what a wonderful invention eh?

After 5 years, I was amazed at how development has changed the roads leading to my uni.
Called the Ipoh-Lumut expressway, this road was a two-way expressway with no divider in between. The worst thing is that there were alot of huge trucks and lorries that love to ply this road as the barren land where the expressway cut across were mostly x-mining land, and this is a great place for construction companies to buy sand for construction. Whenever there's a lorry hogging the road, most cars would have to make dangerous overtaking manouvoer. But as of today, I noticed there's some improvement. The roads were been widened and there were dividers on the road and certain stretch, and some were two to three -lanes now. Also on dangerous junctions, traffic lights were installed too especially at the junction into UTP main entrance! Alrite, I'll let the pictures do the talking now...

A drivethrough down memory lane.......

This was a temporary building built to house our tutorial rooms and labs when our new campus was still under construction. Now, it was solely used for Co-curricular activities. This was where I used to attend my tutorials and labs!

The old USM DK (Dewan Kuliah) is still around!

The pinkish temporary building is still around too!
The picture shows the x-main building of UTP where the old hall used to be.

This is the new campus. Behind me is the Chancellor Hall, the place where my graduation ceremony was held! We're the first batch of students to use the hall!


I spent a lot of time here during my final year mostly attending tutorials, finishing up projects and consulting my lecturers on the topmost floor.

Village 3- Block D, the place I stayed from 3rd year onwards...ahh...great memories! :)

Here's where the new lecture halls were located.

Another building were I spent a lot of time finishing up my Final Year Projects (FYP). I literally set up the lab myself as I was the first to use it!

The place I lived in my first two years of my uni life, yes it's still standing today and still in use! Gasp! Who cares about it collapsing?


Crazy me posing, the building behind me if you noticed, on the 2nd floor, there's where I spent alot of time completing my FYP!

Things has indeed changed alot! There's a few new cafeterias now, a sprawling new floating mosque and also a new "village" a.k.a student hostel blocks! Also there were a few petrol stations along the main road leading to UTP now as opposed to the tiny petrol station within the campus which served the entire UTP community. That tiny petrol station was no longer there now.
....Time really flies........!

No comments: