Pages

Thursday 28 May 2009

Am I living in a prison?

Recently, the management of the apartment that I'm living in has decided to install a gate at the entrance for pedestrian which is just by the guardhouse. Previously, anyone could just walk into the apartment and the guards at the guardhouse will not stop you. Since most of the residents at my apartment are "kiasu" people, the concensus is to install a gate to allow only residents with the access card to scan in in order to prevent any outsiders from accessing our apartment. Security is always a concern.

All visitors will now need to sign in their name at the guard house and each will be given a "visitor pass". Then the guards will call the apartment owners to our home telecom for verification.

After having passed the first barrier, the next would be the entrance to the lift. Yes, one would have to scan in to access the lift as well. As such, whenever I have any visitors coming, I need to get down to open the entrance door to the lift.

This tight security is definitely beneficial for the residents in particular. However, imagine if you are having a party and a company of friends of family members are visiting you. The dreaded thing is to walk down to open the door to the lift and at the same time answering the call from the guard house when a visitor come over. You will have to do this over and over again whenever a visitor came! *sweat* ...That's why sometimes I do feel like I'm living in a prison! There's a price to pay for everything, no doubt about it! haha!

Anyway, here's some crazy snapshots of my colleagues who came over for a small party last month. The party was specially thrown for a visitor from US.

Check out the visitor pass required for everyone! lol...

Who wanna visit me next? :D

Everyone holding their 'visitor pass'


Me joining in the fun :D

3 comments:

Alvin said...

me!!!!

Pui Sum said...

Wah so strict now :P but good also... safer la.. I heard from a friend that they plan to have a grocery shop at RH soon... is it true?

ellwye said...

Hahah,yes it was planned initially but the residents at Block A where the supposedly convenient store will be located objected! So no more...! In a way, I also don like that idea...if it was located further away from Block A & B then I'm fine lar..hehe...that's why residents at Block C & D supported that idea but A & B went against it!