Pages

Saturday 30 May 2009

Kampachi Mari!

SK, a dear colleague of mine, invited me for lunch at Equitorial Hotel's most popular Japanese restaurant today! That's Kampachi Japanese Restaurant with their super yummy weekend buffet! ~woo hoo !~
As a big eater, How can I resist not accepting the invitation right? :D

So apart from me, SK invited another colleague of mine, CL for the buffet lunch too.
We met at the hotel at about 1pm, and as soon as all of us arrived and well seated, we went to pick our selection promptly. In case you are wondering, Yes, I was the first person to get up from the table too!! I was really hungry ok.....

So here's some pic that will blow your mind away...
Psst...Did I ever mention that I have 4 stomachs? :D

Sorry for the blurry pics though, blame it on my cacat camera phone ya!
Here's SK posing in front of the restaurant.

For starter, let's sit back, relax and take a sip of warm green tea first..

.


.


.


.


Ok now, are you ready?

Don't be shocked ok..I can REALLY EAT...check out how many rounds I refilled my plate here!

Round#1: A selection of cooked dishes (teriyaki chicken, grilled salmon, boiled vegetables, tempura)

Round#2: Sushi and more sushi, and a selection of pickled vegetables and radish (for some reason, I love all these pickled stuffs)


Round#3: Fried and deep fried stuffs; fried battered chicken,bean sprouts, fried fish,garlic rice and my favourite Miso soup.

Round#4: Shisamo(Fried fish) and more grilled salmon (it was soo delicious!)


Final round: Desserts and fruits which included sliced oranges, papaya and honeydew and a scoop of bread and butter pudding. Also downed a bowl of red bean soup with rice cake. Yum!Yum!

After this hearty meal, I was too full to even move. i felt like a python having just gobbled a cow whole!!

We sat on the table for a short chit-chat as well(for digestion sake, mind you :D). It was great having to be able to get to know CL and SK more. At work, we were simply too busy to talk to each other despite SK was just seated right next to me! haha...

As SK and CL are both very quiet and timid people, I did most of the talking and that must have irritated them, so in the end, we proceeded to the gardens outside for a short walk instead! Sorry guys!

SK looking happy and satisfied having sampled her favourite: sashimi!

Bravo to CL for trying out all the "raw" food. No thanks for me :D

Finally, that's me and SK posing outside the gardens.

Thank you soo soo much for the wonderful meal, SK...Really appreciate it:)
Not to mention, I do cherish our friendship too :)

1 comment:

Jaina said...

konnichiwa!!!
of course i remember you.
thank you for reading my blog and my craftwork too. :)
seems that you are enjoying your life in penang.
take care, ya..