Pages

Monday 25 May 2009

A short trip down south

When I was 10 years old, I went on a school trip to Malacca. The very first place I remembered going to at this "Historical city" was the Hang Li Poh well at Bukit Cina. If you don't know who this lady was, then you should be ashame of yourself for not paying attention during History class at school!

Yes, aside from the fact that Princess Hang Li Poh, the chinese maiden who married Sultan Mansur Shah, another intriguing story was that the well that Hang Li Poh had used to bathe herself everyday has never dried up (and will never) over the years. From my last check, despite the ultra hot weather, the well was still filled with water!

Legend has it that if one were to toss a coin into this legendary well, you would return to this very place one day. As an innocent child, I happily tossed a coin and make a silly wish into the well. Little did I know that it will take me another 10 years to return to this very sacred land, and despite having a real short time(I was at Malacca for just a day), BS has insisted that I should visit the well again!

...Gosh, why did I toss the toin in the first place? Now I'm stuck together with a fellow Malaccan for 5 years already! haha!Anyway, apart from Malacca, we did make a stopover at KL. Ikea has been THE place that I would want to visit for ages, and at last we did make it after countless failed attempts to KL!!So, What have I got?? Oh framesss.....I need some framesss for my home...my poor colorful wall has been so bare!!!

Psst..I'll put up the pictures that I'm framing next ..stay tuned! :D
Here's some random pics I took while in KL and Malacca!


This is Cheng Hoon Teng Temple looking splendid after the renovation & restoration works which has been going on for ages!

This is me at the Hang Li Poh well (after a 10 years absence!)

Me again hiking up Bukit Cina. Note the hiking trails are lined up between some centuries-old chinese cemetaries!

I simply love this pic. Note the temple, the brick buildings at the foreground and the old zinc roof kampung style houses in front. What a contrast!

Me posing in front of Cheng Hoon Teng temple.

Just the two of us after the hike. A snap with my camera phone :)

And lastly, a brief stop at Sepang International Circuit! Two down...(first was Silverstone F1 Circuit)


3 comments:

Alvin said...

oh man.....i really dunno about this history....even i went to Malacca i did not go visit that place..........now i know why i always fail my history ........hahaha.....

ellwye said...

Whylar never pay attention in class! isk isk

Alvin said...

erm.....because i hate history.....when is in malay.....now i start to like history but read thru wikipedia......hahahaha